Every Thursday from 2:00PM-3:00PM, we offer a Housing Drop-In Service to assist people who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, or inadequately housed. This can include people who are living in shelters, couch surfing, or renting rooms or living in group homes but looking for independent living opportunities. We provide:
- information of what is needed to apply for an apartment;
- current local apartment and room rental listings;
- assistance with completing rental applications and subsidized housing applications;
- assistance with booking viewings of units;
- links to services and resources to help with obtaining and maintaining housing;
- basic information on the Residential Tenancies Act; and
- access to additional information and resources.
No appointment is necessary! To access this service, please visit our Talbot House program centre at 655 Talbot Street in St. Thomas, near the corner of Talbot and Flora/Ross, on Thursdays between 2:00PM and 3:00PM.